What makes a 5 star hotel 5 stars?
Updated: Sep 28
5 star hotels are often command royal prices, why would someone pay that much for a hotel? 5 star hotels are 5 star because they fulfill the 5 needs of 5 stars.
5 stars are given by international organizations non-profit associations which creates the criteria to decide if somebody deserves 5 stars or not. But what are these criteria ?
Type of services offered is part of the 5 star rating system but it varies from one country to another there is no universal 5 star standard or list of things to see and do before you get 5 stars so the question remains how can we define what a 5 star hotel is?
1. A high reputation luxury accommodation often located in city centers and landmarks
2. 5 stars hotels are 5-starred by 5 star rating system
3. 5 stars hotel is expected to provide 24h front desk service
4. 5 stars hotel is expected to provide concierge services or room service
5. 5 stars hotels apply personalized high levels of customer care
6. 5 star hotel is expected to have 12+ restaurants and bars
7. 5 star hotel is expected to have at least one luxurious spa per 5 floors with sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool and fitness center
8. A 5 star hotel has a minimum 10 meeting rooms for conferences and wedding venues available per 5 floors with natural daylight and at least able to accommodate 900 guests in theater style
9. 5 star hotel is to be located in Central business districts
10. 5 star hotel is expected to provide services for physically disabled guests
11. 5 stars hotels are expect to have an executive floor or lounge available per 5 floors with separate check-in counter and access to other VIP amenities like catering (butler service), spa, cocktails etc...
12. 5 stars hotels are expected to offer at least one restaurant or bar with Michelin star rating or without any rating but offering the best gourmet meals in town.
5 stars have been used for a long time in Europe and America as symbols of luxury accommodation but what does 5 stars really means?
5 stars is 5 needs 5 stars hotels are expected to provide 5 things the 5 senses: 5 stars hotel is supposed to offer 5 types of services a 5 stars hotel must be :
1. Luxurious, 2. Unforgettable 3. Comfortable 4. Safe 5. Inspiring
It means 5 stars hotels are a real luxury accommodation a place where is everything you need and you expect to have.
5 star hotels offer luxury accommodation which must be luxurious, unforgettable, comfortable , safe and inspiring. This is what makes a 5 star hotel 5 stars it's the combination of all these needs being fulfilled in one accommodation.